Pearl Shoal Waterfall Facts
- Understandably, the highly descriptive term of Pearl Shoal Waterfall serves as the common name of a truly stunning work of nature. It’s therefore easily understaood that the natural formation holds a special honor in the minds of many people.
- That’s because this creation of time and natural forces continues to be considered by many to be the most beautiful waterfall in its region. In fact, this fabulous creation of Nature formed in a region of the world already well known for its great beauty.
- This likely comes as no surprise to those who learn of the details. That’s due to the fact that the stunning cascade lies within what now constitutes the confines of a protected area. That area now forms what has been designated as the Jiuzhaigou Nature Reserve.
- Thankfully, this provides it with a measure of protection. That occurs despite its being an extremely common destination for people visiting its region. Given the extreme beauty of this truly magnificent waterfall, its fame is fully understandable.
- However, with the Pearl Shoal Waterfall added to its many other features, this fabulous corner of the world has become quite well-known. Due to its great natural beauty, the Reserve represents both a World Heritage Site and a World Biosphere Reserve.
Pearl Shoal Waterfall Physical Description
The staggering beauty of the Pearl Shoal Waterfall perfectly demonstrates one very specific and well-known principle. That’s the fact that beauty isn’t dependent upon physical size. That’s because of the fact that the wondrous cascade has a moderate height.
Nevertheless, Nature did bless the geological feature with other amazing vital statistics. These include boasting a very respectable total width. This breathtaking wonder of Nature possesses an upper level with an average width measuring about 550 ft (163 m).
That particular dimension, however, frequently changes within a small range. This variability naturally occurs due to the simple fact that rainfall amounts in the region vary. Its drop also merits a certain amount of respect, since it measures around 130 ft 940 m).
None of these are why Pearl Shoal Waterfall earns its fame. In fact, that originates with the action that happens as it descends. The water of the site flows over a series of uniquely placed outcroppings. This action creates an incredible interlocking pattern of flows.
Pearl Shoal Waterfall Location and Ecology
It’s not surprising at all that the magnificent Pearl Shoal Waterfall formed in a region of the earth already renowned for numerous beautiful natural sites. That statement holds true due to the fact that this tantalizing flow of water formed on the continent of Asia.
Even more precisely, though, this waterfall resides in what now constitutes the region now known as the Sichuan Province. That area further lies within China. This magnificent marvel of geology also helps play a role of relative importance within its region.
That occurs because the stunning Pearl Shoal Waterfall also represents only a small portion of the incredible and expansive Yangtze River system. As a result, the site forms a part of a natural system that has a vital impact on the region that it flows through.
The water flowing over the feature remains extremely rich in minerals, such as calcium carbonate, which gets deposited in quantity. This mineral build up is so strong that allows plants and even small trees to actually grow within the middle area of the falls themselves.