Devetashka Cave Facts
- Firstly, the term Devetashka Cave serves as the name of an incredible site. To be more precise, the term names a visually remarkable cave. Significant evidence also that indicates yet another astounding fact about this amazing location exists.
- That’s the fact that this incredible site has seen lengthy human habitation. Evidence places this dating back for tens of thousands of years. In addition, the extremely impressive cave further remains famous for a very specific and unique reason.
- Its fame occurs due to the presence of the seven differently sized holes which line its high roof. These natural openings run along its length. As a result, these allow sunlight to penetrate to the central hall, as well as to parts of its two separate fields.
- Additionally, the comparatively large entrance to the remarkable cave measures about 115 ft (35 m) wide by 98 ft (30 m) in total height. The unique and picturesque Devetashka Cave now also constitutes a beautiful National Landmark.
- Thanks to concerted efforts, this fully deserved status has held true since June 1996. In addition, the site now holds a certain degree of fame. This holds true due to the fact that it has served as the site of several films, due to its distinctive beauty.
Devetashka Cave Twin Halls
Roughly 131 ft (40 m) into Devetashka Cave, another wonder greets the eye. In fact, the fabulous location then widens into an enormous hall. Furthermore, the magnificent ceiling of this stunning natural hall reaches heights of as much as 328 ft (100 m) high in places.
Its overall measurements remain impressive. The entire hall has a total area equaling 25,833 sq ft (2,400 sq meters). Also, roughly 650 ft (200 m) from the opening of the cave, it branches into two distinct fields. These two fields themselves possess different features.
The wonders of this cave never seem to end. The awesome sights do not end with these natural halls. There are other wondrous marvels of geology hiding within this site. Indeed, many stalagmites and stalactites also fill many parts of the stunning Devetashka Cave.
Devetashka Cave Location and Underground River
Devetashka Cave formed in a region of the world well known for its great natural beauty. That’s due to the fact that its formation occurred in what now forms the country of Bulgaria, in Europe. The stunning cave also lies situated very close to the village of Devetaki.
Given its measurements, it forms one of the largest known caves in the country. Within the mind-blowing Devetashka Cave, both of the fields each have their own separate beauty. These sites also serve to draw the appreciative visitor to the location.
Firstly, the left field equals about 1.25 mi (2 km) in length. It also contains a small underground river flowing through it which empties into the Osam river. Secondly, the field to the right, unlike the one on the left, remains quite dry and generally very warm.
Further, after the entrance, the field also widens out into an almost perfectly rectangular hall. How this occurred still remains something of a small mystery to scientists. This hall itself measures a remarkable size of about 49 feet (15 m) wide, and 164 feet (50 m) long.